Posted to alt.home.repair
MDT at Paragon Home Inspections, LLC MDT at Paragon Home Inspections, LLC is offline

Default Fuse Electrical Panel Cover

EXT wrote:
Your panel does not include a disconnect switch for it's load so it must be
located separately, probably just beside it. This is a plus, because it
makes changing over to another up-to-date panel sooooo easy. The cost will
be minimal and allow you many more circuits and a change from fuses to
breakers. Don't waste any more time looking for an unidentifiable cover,
spend your time looking for a nice new modern replacement.

Kinda' hard to tell from that pic, but if the left-land panel was
downstream of the service disconnect it would (should) have an
insulated neutral - I think that's the feed from the meter is entering
at the bottom, heading up to a cartridge fuse block which serves as
the service disconnect - at the top left, around ¾ of the way up, you
can see a double tap of red to black, the (smaller) black wire
appears to be exiting the panel the lower right, probably to the
partially visible panel to the right (let's hope there's a disconnect
means at the bus there - otherwise it's contnually energized).

I think the blown fuse, second from bottom on the right, is a nice
touch as well..

Michael Thomas
Paragon Home Inspection, LLC
Chicago, IL