Posted to uk.d-i-y
hzatph hzatph is offline

Default Wasp nest

"wattie" wrote in message
Good morning all,
I saw some wasps going in and out of my vent brick into the space under
the floorboards and I'm worried there could be a nest.
We've just had a carpet laid in the living room where the access hatch is
and I don't want to lift the carpet again.
Is there a product to kill the nest, like the ant bait stuff, that they
take back with them and poisons the nest?
Thanks
WM

Wasps do not reoccupy their nests from one season to the next so it will die
off in the autumn. That would be a good time to have a look to check that
the air-bricks have not been obstructed and it should be safe to clear it.