Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default speaker freq response

wrote:
I have the opposite problem, my computer speakers buzz when I play some
modern movies with music in them (Walk The Line (Johnny Cash)). The bass is
boosted because I guess "everybody has a home theater system with a
crossover and floor-shaker sub-woofer". Well I don't and can't afford one
because my debtors can't give me anything but static. If any of your
experiments cut the bass please tell me in the group.

Most sound card drivers allow you to adjust at the very least the bass
and treble in the control panel.