Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

Default speaker freq response

I have the opposite problem, my computer speakers buzz when I play some
modern movies with music in them (Walk The Line (Johnny Cash)). The bass is
boosted because I guess "everybody has a home theater system with a
crossover and floor-shaker sub-woofer". Well I don't and can't afford one
because my debtors can't give me anything but static. If any of your
experiments cut the bass please tell me in the group.

From: "JANA"
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:09:57 -0400

You should buy a speaker with the proper frequency response that you

need.
The higher the cost of the speaker, the better the response that it will
have.

As for correcting the response, it will be difficult to get something

that
is not there in the first place!

I already said I bought the most expensive ones at Walmart, and they do
sound pretty good. I assumed if I paid that much I would get rid of the
tinny stuff. It's better but not gone. Besides, I have not seen any place
where one can pick and choose the frequency response for car stereo
speakers, and I would not want to spend anymore money.

I haven't had a chance to do it yet, but I'm sure a slight inductor in
series with the main speaker wire will do the trick. When done I will

report
back.

--
dgm