Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Cutting galvanised steel tube

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 23:01:11 +0100, Frank Erskine wrote
(in article ):

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 22:44:52 +0100, Andy Hall had
this to say:

I have a need to cut quite a number of lengths of galvanised steel tube
(about 30)

25mm ID, 33.7mm OD e.g. http://www.fhbrundle.com/tube-14.htm

A hacksaw is going to become boring for doing this quite quickly I think
so
am looking for a faster alternative.

Is this angle grinder territory? If so, can anybody suggest a suitable
cutting wheel?

Otherwise, is a more substantial saw like a cutoff saw required?

I would use a power hacksaw.

Then again, I have ready access to one!

Didn't know they existed. Looks eminently sensible.

I prefer a bandsaw cut-off machine, which looks much the same except that it
cuts continuously, whereas the power hacksaw spend half its time on the back
stroke, so it cuts much faster.

Colin Bignell