Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Cutting galvanised steel tube

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:29:12 +0100, Cicero wrote
(in article ):

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
I have a need to cut quite a number of lengths of galvanised steel tube
(about 30)

25mm ID, 33.7mm OD e.g. http://www.fhbrundle.com/tube-14.htm

A hacksaw is going to become boring for doing this quite quickly I think

so I
am looking for a faster alternative.

Is this angle grinder territory? If so, can anybody suggest a suitable
cutting wheel?

Otherwise, is a more substantial saw like a cutoff saw required?

Hire one of these from your local hire shop:

You might pick one up cheaply on Ebay.

Cic.

Ah. I didn't know these things existed (at least not at that size) . I've
seen pipe vices in use when threading, but not this.

HSS have the cutters for £8 a day and the vice for £12.

Thanks for that, Cic. Presumably all I then need is some brute force and
ignorance.