Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Cutting galvanised steel tube

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 23:47:27 +0100, Guy King wrote
(in article ):

The message
from Andy Hall contains these words:

If you have an angle grinder, stands to do right angle cuts are pretty
cheap. A metal cutting disc should do it.

Any idea from where for a stand, Dave?

Lidl had 'em a couple of weeks ago. Depending on how accurate you need
to be - if it's just going into clamps then probably not spot on, then a
hacksaw will get you through 30 tubes in about 30 minutes.

It's for a structure involving Tubeclamps so I don't think that perfection is
required. If I can get through a tube in about a minute or even two, it
would be quicker than renting a saw. If it were 10 mins per cut, then
that's another thing

Don't you have a local engineering firm who would do it for you for a
few tens of squids?

--
geoff