Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Cutting galvanised steel tube

Andy Hall wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 23:52:56 +0100, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote
(in article ):

Andy Hall wrote:
I have a need to cut quite a number of lengths of galvanised steel
tube (about 30)

25mm ID, 33.7mm OD e.g. http://www.fhbrundle.com/tube-14.htm

A hacksaw is going to become boring for doing this quite quickly I
think so I am looking for a faster alternative.

Is this angle grinder territory? If so, can anybody suggest a
suitable cutting wheel?

Otherwise, is a more substantial saw like a cutoff saw required?

Hmmm! do you have a cross pull saw or similair?

Put a grinder wheel on it and hey presto 30 cut bars in minutes.

Yes I do, but it's a woodworking one used for fairly precise work.

Interesting thought. I guess that the guard arrangements are
different as well

Pick up a cheap model and use it for cutting disc,grinding disc,thats what
I've done with this Taiwan effort.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite