Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Buy or rent a pressure washer?

Steve wrote:
Are there any higher powered electric models that are recommended?

For the few times I would use a gasoline model (and I know they are
better), it just seems an electric would be easier to live with?

Steve

It might be easier to live with, but it is twice the pain to use.
Besides dragging a hose along, you have to drag an electric cord with
you. Make sure you have a long extension cord if you plan to do any
cleaning far from the house electric outlets, and you'll spend a lot of
time untangling the hose and cord when moving the washer around.
Most home owner Electrics top out at less than 2000 psi. My $180 120v
Husky electric is rated at 1650 psi. It'll do most of the jobs of a gas
washer, but takes longer, since the head has to be closer to the work,
thereby reducing the spray area.
If you want to spend more money for an electric washer, you can get
professional electrics up to 3500 psi for $2,000 - $3,000+, but then,
the gas powered units at a few hundred dollars look a lot better.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY