Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Sluggish garage-door opener

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:54:57 -0700, "Norm Dion"
wrote:

I have a Sears chain-driven garage-door opener that's about ten years old.
It's in excellent mechanical condition but lately it's very slow to begin
the opening
or closing cycle. I find myself having to push the remote button for 8-10
seconds at times
before anything happens.

The batteries are newly replaced, I've tried repositioning the pickup
antenna, but
so far nothing seems to help.

What am I missing here???

IMHO,

I would do what you are doing, rule out reception. I would try and
stand inside the garage and test the remote. Ifa difference is
noticed, then it might be reception. Also, I would take a look at
everything, rollers, chain, supports. Ask myself, "does anything
look wrong?"

Post a followup.

later,

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com