Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buy or rent a pressure washer?

Yes, it's plastic. Having looked at several at the stores.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Pete C." wrote in message

I've not looked closely at the Karcher units, but I tend to doubt the
pump is actually plastic as plastic is rarely used at high pressures
and
indeed the plastics that could handle those pressures are likely more
expensive than case metal. Might be cast aluminum pump housing with
paint that could look like plastic at a quick glance.

Don't spend the extra $ on the Honda engine unless you really need the
quieter engine. Other name brand engines will run just as well if a
bit
louder and save a fair amount of money.

Another recommendation is to wear safety glasses when pressure
washing.
While you're not likely to point the nozzle at your eye, it's quite
easy
to get a spray back that contains debris which would not be fun to get
in your eye.

Pete C.