Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
JANA JANA is offline

Default speaker freq response

You should buy a speaker with the proper frequency response that you need.
The higher the cost of the speaker, the better the response that it will
have.

As for correcting the response, it will be difficult to get something that
is not there in the first place!

--

JANA
_____

"David McDivitt" wrote in message
news I purchased an in-dash stereo for my pick-up truck, and some cheap speakers.
The stereo has bass and treble adjustment but not midrange. I have since
replaced the speakers. The new ones do better, and sound better, but still
have the same problem. High frequencies have too much attenuation. Reducing
treble all the way will not kill the cymbals and S sounds. With the new
speakers, if I turn the bass up very much, I get incredible deep bass, but
still too much high frequency.

I thought I would buy some inductors at Radio Shack and put in line with the
speakers. From what I remember they are measured in henrys. But, I need so
little effect I may be better off making small wire coils, instead.

To avoid much trial and error, would someone please suggest a starting
point? I might buy several inductors either side of that and see what they
do. Thanks

--
dgm