Posted to alt.home.repair
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default Buy or rent a pressure washer?

"Walter R." wrote in message
The daily rental for a 3000 psi pressure washer is $ 65. It has a gasoline
engine.

A new pressure washer from Harbor Freight costs $ 89. It is a 2 hp
electric unit and puts out 1,300 psi at 1.7 GPM.

I need a PW for cleaning stucco paint, removing spalling paint from my
concrete foundations and for cleaning up some lightly peeling paint from
my concrete patio, prior to painting.

If I owned a PW I would also use it for general cleanup around the house.
I could probably find lots of things to wash around the house, including
the dog.

Never used a PW before. I would appreciate any advice/opinions regarding
buying or renting.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Don't know about Harbor Freight but my electric Karcher with the plastic
compressor lasted only about 5 hours. Funny I had my Karcher in the trash
can at the same time my neighbor had his electric Karcher in the trash. Same
problem, his plastic compressor broke too and he seldom use it either. Spend
a little more money and get the gas model with a Honda engine good a
compressor.