Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Can you place anchors in a concrete slab at a later date?

According to El Barto :
(Chris Lewis) wrote:

Remember, this isn't a lifting load (w.r.t. the big dig accident
a few days ago), so that's not going to happen. But strong
winds are perfectly capable of moving structures like this,
and just picking up lag screws and anchors out of a hardware
store bin _can_ be a mistake if you don't install them properly.

Actually, it's the lifting forces imparted by high winds that the
anchors need to handle.

Sorry, should have been clearer. Yes, I've seen the calculations
showing many 100's of pounds of uplift per rafter under hurricane
situations with relatively "normal" size roofs. I meant that they're
not under continuous stress 24x7, holding up tons of concrete - where
the slightest imperfections in installation/bad concrete/vibration
_may_ work some anchors loose.

That said, I like the other idea, forming a 12" stub wall with
anchors (perhaps female thread slugs, not threaded rod) in _that_.
The OP would be far happier with the resulting structure.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est