Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Buy or rent a pressure washer?

Now that I have one I don't know how I got by with out one. I found
mine at Home Depot as a scratch and dent, paid ~$300 for a 6.5 hp 3500
psi unit. I use it at least once a month, often once a week or more.
BTW, way too powerful for the dog washing unless it is a pain in the
rear that you want rid of. I was cleaning the cow water tank in sandals
and went across my toes & immediately blackened 2 toe nails, careful
now, you hear? Great for pre painting prep, doesn't replace scraping,
but it sure cuts the job down to size. Gunky lawn mower, no problem,
ready to sharpen and clean up the deck on a riding mower, about 15
minutes. One thing I would advise is a better wand, most of the
included ones suck (I think that's the technical term). Northern Tool
has some nice ones. I got a turret tip that lets you plug different
angled tips in, that is a nice toy, I use the 25 degree one to death,
the others occasionally.