Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Simple question on design of electrical subpanels

If you have metallic cables or conduits, their connection to the chassis is
their path to ground

On 2006-07-14, RBM wrote:

Yes, that's fine. On a sub panel you don't want the neutral buss to
be bonded to the enclosure.

Thanks, I understand the part about the neutral buss being kept
separate from the ground buss in subpanels. And obviously the
subpanel chassis needs to be tied to the equipment ground. I was just
surprised to the subpanel chassis as part of the fault current path
for all the circuits served by the subpanel. That's fine?

Thanks, Wayne