Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buy or rent a pressure washer?

"Walter R." wrote in message
The daily rental for a 3000 psi pressure washer is $ 65. It has a gasoline
engine.

A new pressure washer from Harbor Freight costs $ 89. It is a 2 hp
electric unit and puts out 1,300 psi at 1.7 GPM.

I need a PW for cleaning stucco paint, removing spalling paint from my
concrete foundations and for cleaning up some lightly peeling paint from
my concrete patio, prior to painting.

If I owned a PW I would also use it for general cleanup around the house.
I could probably find lots of things to wash around the house, including
the dog.

Never used a PW before. I would appreciate any advice/opinions regarding
buying or renting.

Rental is too high given the price to buy. The rental may be larger but .
.. . . . You can buy a gas one for $250 to $300. Most gas are better than
the smaller electrics, but there may be exceptions.