Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default speaker freq response

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:09:27 -0500, David McDivitt wrote:

I purchased an in-dash stereo for my pick-up truck, and some cheap speakers.
The stereo has bass and treble adjustment but not midrange. I have since
replaced the speakers. The new ones do better, and sound better, but still
have the same problem. High frequencies have too much attenuation. Reducing
treble all the way will not kill the cymbals and S sounds.

Well, you/ve just said two things which are the exact opposite of each
other. "attenuation" means "how much it's reduced".

And, as has been said, "Mid-Range" is what's left after you manipulate
the bass and treble cut/boost.

Play with your knobs some more, before you start hacking this unit.

Good Luck!
Rich