Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Snap Ring

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:16:03 -0400, (Barbara
Devaney) wrote:

Hi guys!

Hoping you can be of help to me.
Yesterday I purchased a replacement hose sprayer head for my kitchen
sink.
I was able to remove the old snap ring with a pocket knife but can't get
on the
new one.

Maybe a handy neighbor has as set of snap ring pliers.

Any ideas or solutions to my dilemma
would be greatly appreciated.

Try to insert one end into place and work around until the other end
snaps in.. pushing towards the center to collapse it small enough to
get it in....

Also is the snap ring an absolute necessity? I assembled it without the
snap ring as the replacement has a much thicker rubber washer than the
original one and on a limited trial basis it seems okay. I don't want to
chance anything though.

I would make sure to put the ring back in, myself.

Oren