Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
David David is offline

Default speaker freq response

(snip)
Easiest way is to add a resistor in series with each tweeter. Something
about 8 ohm 5 watt should be a good start

True. I used "attenuate" inappropriately. Using resistors would mean I'd
have to dismantle the speakers, or make the job overly complex. I paid $69
for the pair at Walmart and I don't want to screw them up. Seems if I put
very small inductor in series, it would lower the frequency response. The
effect of the inductor would be more pronounced the higher the frequency,
and less the lower the frequency, such that the difference to bass would
be
insignificant, but on the top end it would do what I want.

I just need a value for an inductor.

--
dgm

Do a little math. XL=2*pi*f*L.

Set XL to 8 ohms or so, pick a frequency (f) and calculate L. The complete
equation for a voltage divider is quite simple as well. Just remember XL is
on the imaginary axis in the complex plane.

David