Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
David McDivitt David McDivitt is offline

Default speaker freq response

From: (Michael Black)
Date: 14 Jul 2006 18:53:48 GMT

Kalman Rubinson ) writes:
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:09:27 -0500, David McDivitt
wrote:

I purchased an in-dash stereo for my pick-up truck, and some cheap speakers.
The stereo has bass and treble adjustment but not midrange.

The midrange control is, by default, what is not controlled by the
other two.

I have since
replaced the speakers. The new ones do better, and sound better, but still
have the same problem. High frequencies have too much attenuation. Reducing
treble all the way will not kill the cymbals and S sounds.

Seems that that is too little, or not enough, treble attentuation.

Huh? It sounds like the kid wants lots of bass. Either because the
current speakers don't reproduce the low notes, or because he equates
booming bass with good stereo. So when he tries to boost the bass,
he's not getting the results he wants.

Being a 50year old kid is OK I guess. I got it backwards. I thought
attenuate meant to increase. Whatever. I do not want any more bass.

I just want to get rid of too much high audio frequency from the speakers.

--
dgm