Posted to rec.woodworking
pduck pduck is offline

Default Anyone heard of "rotton stone"?

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

"Bruce Farley" wrote in message
.com...
A friend of mine sent me this message today and I said I would see if I
could find out anything.

I am looking for a product called rotten stone for aging wood finishes. I
used to use it at my dads shop. I have tried Home depot and Orchard and
they look at me as if I'm crazy. Any of your wood working sites list it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Bruce

More of a polish than for making wood look aged.

Rottenstone can be used for making wood look old. It is done by mixing
it with wax and pushing into the corners and moldings of you work. It
simulates dust accululation (you can also use cigar ashes.)

--
To reply, remove .nojunk from my email address.