Posted to alt.home.repair
Wired1 Wired1 is offline

Default Pipe dope on plastic threads

Eigenvector wrote:
Does pipe dope work when the pipes are galvanized on plastic? I have a
plastic connector that needs to go on old galvanized for a temporary repair
and I was wondering if pipe dope would seal the galvanized pipe threads
sufficiently if the female end was plastic.

Yes you can if you do it properly.....first put teflon tape on the
female thread. This done in the same direction as the thread ((two
layers thick). Then cover this with a high quality pipe dope....not the
convience store quality crap.Do not overtighten.