Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Boy am I angry. Can I silicon over 2 hour old silicon?

Haymish Pupkin wrote:

You would not believe how long I have taken to prepare this job

Yes I would. You are an idiot.

Checked everything before I started, loads of silicon in the gun etc.

But only the one tube?

Then I run out half way through the job.

Blame yourself for penny pinching. Wilkinsons would gladly have
supplied all you needed first go. Same batch number too.

It'll take me 2 hours to get back with a new tube of the same stuff.

Longer if you spend time talking and writinbg about it.

Can I silicone over what's already there or am I going to have to remove all the
silicone I just put on?

Once set it strips off easily leaving ragged un erasable edges that you
just have to do your best with. A sharp chisel perhaps. More expense to
remind you about penny saving.

Use a larger nozzle (to cover the old marks) and do the job again. You
probably went over it all and made a mess by now though. Console
yourself by reminiscing about the money you saved.