Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King Guy King is offline

Default Boy am I angry. Can I silicon over 2 hour old silicon?

The message
from "The Medway Handyman" contains
these words:

God I hate silicone.

So do I.

Mary

Put me on the list.

I've found a use for old silicone cartridges. I had one that had 3" of
solid silicone in it, so I poked it out and used the empty for grout.
Much easier than trowelling it in and used about half the grout I'd
otherwise have used. Gets it deeper into the joint, too.
Half way through the job the piston started to get very stiff so I cut
the end off a fabric conditioner bottle and shoved that up instead.
Provided you remember to blow the nozzle out between fills (it sets just
enough to stop it all working while you refill the body) it's works
wonderfully.

--
Skipweasel