Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Poision ivy update.

On 13 Jul 2006 14:24:17 -0700, "
wrote:

I posted earlier with that hillside of poision ivy. Earlier I had tried
round up and at another time special poision ivy killer. Both stunted
the growth a bit but then it came back stronger than ever

I am HIGHLY ALLERGIC and dare not touch it!

Well a nice poster here suggested mixing broadleaf weed killer and
round up together....

It was worth a try I mixed concentrated poision ivy killer and round up
in spray bottle.

Actually diluted the poision ivy killer a little with round up rather
than water. Sprayed as best I could the big plants.

Next morning they looked stunted a little, while anything close by that
had been sprayed by accident was curled up dead.

So I sprayed the poision ivy again for good measure..

I ALMOST feel bad for the poision ivy, its really dying, and appears
to be killing the entire plant. No doubt some will survive, thats what
the spray is for......

Might be repeating information already given, but just in case. The
'allergen' on poison ivory, is very 'stable'. Meaning it sticks
around after the plant is dead for a long time. So becareful, and
protect yourself.

later,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com