Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] timbirr@mailcity.com is offline

Default Poision ivy update.

mm wrote:

Does concentrated Round-up weaken and go bad as quickly as the stuff
sold for immediate application?

A 4-oz. bottle came included with something else I wanted to buy, but
in order to mix it, I want to put on gloves and long pants (do I need
that?) and so it's been more than a year and I've never gotten around
to doing it.

I"m thinking it might have been cheaper in the long run to buy it
already diluted.

I buy it in 2.5 gallon bottles, which last me (usually, sometimes not)
two years. Never had a problem. The concentrate is much cheaper than
the pre-mix, but I buy at Ag Chem stores, not the local supermarket.
They do sell in the 41 percent in quart containers, but not sure if it
goes any smaller.

The label precautions on all of it, the pre-mix and the concentrate,
tell you how you should handle the chemical. Whether you choose to
follow said directions is up to you.

I know people who wear Nitrile gauntlets, rain pants, rubber boots, etc
when they apply herbicide. I know a couple who wear shorts and sandals.
Your decision.