Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Poision ivy update.

On 13 Jul 2006 14:24:17 -0700, "
wrote:

I posted earlier with that hillside of poision ivy. Earlier I had tried

snip
the spray is for......

Poison ivy is tough to kill with a single application of Round Up,
especially if it is established. Mix it in a spray container a little
stronger than what the label says and wet all the green leaves. Be
careful not to get the spray on plant leaves you want to keep. It is
okay to get Round Up on the ground--it won't hurt trees unless you get
it on the leaves. Wait 10 days after the first application, and spray
the poison ivy again. Repeat every 10 days. After three applications
to the same plant it should die. Do not pull the roots or handle the
dead leaves. Weed killer products may contaminate soils, Round Up is
much safer.