Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Router Table -- securing drop in plate/router assembly?

Thu, Jul 13, 2006, 1:56am (EDT+4)
(John*L.*Poole) doth query:
I'm building a router table, snip cost of the materials other than
wood or MDF was approximately $130)
I'm wondering if other tables have a design element where the plate is
secured from moving upwards.snip

A bit back I posted on modifying my old homebuilt router table to
take a drop in router base. Bases are 1/2" plywood, fastened to the
router with screws, drop right in. Stay in place by the router weight,
don't even threaten to rise up. Figure I've got less then $5 9five
dollars) in the table including multiple bases - no prob. One day I'll
remember to take pictures, and post a link.

JOAT
Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal