Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Accidental use of water and water company?

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 12 Jul 2006 15:35:30 -0700, wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

I think YOU should pay for all this misery. It's clear that you did
not make a strong enough effort to make your friend take your warnings
seriously. You really failed badly, and just look at the result. While
you are at it, I think you should apologize to the landlord for not
notifying him of this clear danger before disaster struck.

CWM

Your roof is in very bad shape and so is your furnace. That is my
opinion, for which I have I have no qualifications as an expert. Now
you must replace it immediately. Do it now!

Actually, I just paid for an inspection on a property I own but do not occupy.
Among other items, it calls for replacing not just one furnace, but also the
boiler in the other wing of the house. This is a single family residence of
about 5000 sf. with two wings. One half forced air and the other baseboard hot
water.

The roof is also in bad shape and will cost about $75k - $100k to correct.

Meanwhile, I think you should stop being such a busy-body.

Since when is asking for what experience others have had in similar
situations being a busy-body? Isn't that what this newsgroup is about?
Apparently it interests you enough to keep posting, even when you
have no direct experience to contibute.

Your friend should
sort out his own problems. You have already demonstrated that he doesn't value
your opinion, anyway. Why are you still trying to insert yourself in the
situation? Time to butt-out ...if you are smart.

CWM