Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Accidental use of water and water company?

"Les" wrote in message
ups.com...
My city charges for sewer based on the gallons of water consumed. They
assume a certain amount of water usage goes down the sewer in the
summer months. The rest of the water bill does not have the sewer
charge. Not sure if they have their own fixed numbers or if they use
your average water usage. In the summer months this "rate reduction"
is automatic. Likewise, if you tell them you will be filling your
swimming pool, you can provide the before and after water meter
readings and they will charge you only for the water (not sewer). The
swimming pool example is first-hand from my neighbor.

My utility charge for sewage based on the winter water usage rate.

Bob