Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Router Table -- securing drop in plate/router assembly?

"John L. Poole" wrote in message news:1Lhtg.130037

Snip

For those who have router tables, is your plate assembly secured somehow
to the table it is resting in to prevent the entire assembly from moving
in an upward direction?

Seems to me an aggressive cut could cause the assembly to climb. Pat
Warner's table design has his router bolted. Maybe I've missed something
on these table inserts?

No, It should not climb and aggressive cuts should actually pull the wood
down on to the plate. For years I just dropped the plate on the table and
was good to go.

That said, I did finally start using the screws to fasten the drop in plate
into the table top. The secure connection of the plate to the table greatly
lessens vibration noise.