Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Veatch Tom Veatch is offline

Default Blade Sharpening

"J.F. Kirkland III" said:

OK
I plug it in w/ no ext. cord, lot's more power. Gonna' try blade cleaning
in the am

I'm gonna' have to use an ext. cord though. Any suggestions there? Is
there a chart that would help me out w/ this and other "Power Tools"?

Losses (voltage drop) in the extension cord depend on the length and
wire gauge of the cord and the tool's amperage draw.

Google with keywords: Extension Cord Voltage Drop

You will get several hits containing tables that show you the voltage
drop for your particular parameters. Select a gauge and length that
yields less than 5% drop for the amperage your saw draws.

Bottom line - use the heaviest gauge cord you can find that is no
longer than absolutely necessary.