Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default A few questions about DEHUMIDIFIERS... ???

Goedjn wrote:
On 12 Jul 2006 05:09:22 -0700, wrote:

We live in an apartment and for reasons to long to go into cannot have
air conditioning. All we have are fans which do an OK job of moving
the air around. Better than nothing I guess.

Now... If we were to add a DEHUMIDIFIER to the mix, would that help us
feel any cooler? Sometimes, especially at night the humidity outside
is like 80, 90% or even higher. We have the windows open and although
the air is a little cooler at night it is just so damn sticky.

A dehumdifier is an air conditioner with both the intake and exhaust
inside.

Why can you have a dehumidifer and not an air conditioner?
Mark