Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Accidental use of water and water company?

Oren wrote:
On 12 Jul 2006 09:37:58 -0700, wrote:

Thanks, Abe, that's what I was looking for, some real world actual
experience, as opposed to "it's your own fault, what do u expect,
yaddda yaddda yaddda.

Don't like responses you get here - to bad. My comments were real
world. I know the difference in a "new smiling tenant" and one that
later shows "true colors".

Oren

What the hell are you talking about now? A new smiling tenant and one
that shows true colors? It was the landlord's water heater that
sprang a leak and caused the problem. I've seen plenty of cases in
small claims where a tenant had property damaged do to a pipe breaking.
And in just about every case, the landlord wound up responsible and
had to pay for the damages. Or are you the kind of landlord that
doesn't replace a 23 year old water heater and then says it's all the
tenants fault?