Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] delphiprog@gmail.com is offline

Default A few questions about DEHUMIDIFIERS... ???

wrote:
We live in an apartment and for reasons to long to go into cannot have
air conditioning. All we have are fans which do an OK job of moving
the air around. Better than nothing I guess.

Now... If we were to add a DEHUMIDIFIER to the mix, would that help us
feel any cooler? Sometimes, especially at night the humidity outside
is like 80, 90% or even higher. We have the windows open and although
the air is a little cooler at night it is just so damn sticky.

What if we got a dehumidifier or two, closed the windows and let the
fans run. Would it FEEL cooler? Also... do dehumidifiers have any
COOLING capability at all?

Thanks in advance

DAVID

Dehumidifiers blow out hot air. They will most definitely warm your
apartment. Whether or not it will actually feel cooler I couldn't say,
but I think it would be a big waste of money (for the dehumidifiers and
the electricity to operate them). If you can't have a window AC unit
for some reason, there are units that do not need a window - like these
http://www.compactappliance.com/xq/J...le%20Air%3EAd1

You will need a way to exhaust the hot air. If that is still not
possible, my guess is you're SOL as far as I know.

Doug