Posted to alt.home.repair
bizee bizee is offline

Default replace sprinkler valve

Have to replace a bad valve. The original set I put in have a
different width between the inlet and outlet piping, than the valves I
can find now. The first one that needed replacement 2 years ago
required me to Rube Goldberg it with some 45 degree and other couplers
to reduce the width to fit the new valve.

Eventually, I'll have to just replace all with a manifold, but that
won't happen this week. The difference in width is just about the OD
of a 1/2 inch pipe.

Is there some trick or method to easily do this, or do I have to jury
(sp?) rig it like the other one?

thanks

Sheri