Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Turbo Gold Coach Screws II

wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Torque quoted as 85 Nm. Jeez this thing is powerful.

Not bad. 12v impact drivers are in the 100-120 Nm range. And are
light, compact, have no (or little) torque reaction and are better
than drill/drivers for normal screwdriving as well as things like
this. No cam-out is another advantage (although they explode bits
instead).

Agreed, but my line of work is extreemly varied, so a High Torque Drill is
more versatile; It will put in large coach screws, drive a core bit or mix
mortar. If I were a chippy using it all day every day the impact driver
would make more sense.

I know the 'wrong' person is championing them on here, but he's dead
right on this.

Dribble is occassionally dead right, alas anything he says is treated as
dross.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman