Posted to alt.home.repair
Frankly Frankly is offline

Default worlds slowest ceiling fan.

i called hunter tech support again and was told something different once
again.
after chaning the wires that do not match what the wire diagram says the fan
works fine.
however i didnt have a ground wire coming out of the ceiling and according
to what I read the ceiling plate is grounded to the ceiling box. I would
like to test this ground and am doing a google on it.
well anyway thank you to those that helped me out.

Frank

"Frankly" wrote in message

The ground (green) wire or wires from the fan assembly should be attached
to the ground (usually bare, sometimes green) lead from the house wiring.
Some older houses may not have a separate ground lead ( this is what I
have ) and use the metal conduit and electrical boxes as ground. In this
case you would attach the ground wire from the fan to the electrical box
(and/or mounting plate) with the appropriate screw or clip.

i also read something that if i have the fan flush mounted that the fan is
already grounded to the ceiling box. the same page also said that if i use
the extention to lower the fan that it is insolated and then it requires a
ground.

i think i am going to try it.