Posted to rec.woodworking
BB BB is offline

Default Blade Sharpening

Too much pitch perhaps? Get some Simple Green and clean the blade it does
wonders...
BB

"dpb" wrote in message
ups.com...

J.F. Kirkland III wrote:
yea, it's smoking when I try and cut. Seem's as if it is not getting

enough
power to the saw. Sound's like it! Should I try a specific gauge

extension
cord?

As Jim suggested, try w/o an extension cord--if there's any difference
whatsoever, that's certainly dead-certain indication that what you're
using is too small/long. I rarely if ever run the chop-saw off an
extension, but it ought to be a 14 ga _minimum_.

What size material are you cutting? Another possibility is the saw is
out of alignment?
What is the actual saw (make/model)? Maybe somebody has something on a
specific saw. I've the original 12" DeWalt (although the current one
looks to still be essentially identical) and after all these years and
the abuse it's received it is still dead-on. That doesn't say there's
not something going on or if you have a different saw.

Whatever it is, I still don't much think the blades themselves should
be showing actual loss in sharpness after only a few cuts in soft
pine--it's something else or a remediable problem that's causing
excessive blade wear/binding.