Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Payne Doug Payne is offline

Default Making Square Plugs?

On 11/07/2006 12:13 PM, Doug wrote:

I'm getting ready to finish and arts and crafts style project and it
requires that i make up to 100 3/8"x3/8" square plugs (pyramid on top) to
simulate through drawpegs on my mortice and tenon joinery. Tried to find
something online but all I can find is round screwhole plugs. Anyone have
an idea how to produce these fairly rapidly? Links thanks

Have you considered round pegs with a square top (i.e. only the visible
part)? You should be able to turn those out pretty quick with a good
plug cutter and some creative sawing. Drilling the mounting holes would
be easier as well.

.../another doug