Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Moving washing machine to downstairs toilet area?

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:03:48 +0100, T i m wrote
(in article ):

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:34:56 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

Would there be any chance of fouling (where the 40mm joins the soil
pipe) or would you fit it in at the top of the pipe?

That I'm not sure about. it''s possible that there may be some building
regulation rules that would kybosh this, because of minimum distance
requirements.

Aren't there always .. ;-(

However, I believe that has more to do with risk of sucking
out of traps than possible fouling. I was thinking aloud as much as
anything on this one.

Isn't that what Durgo's are for?

They are to let air into a soil pipe. However, I was trying to think of
ways not to make the soil pipe installation massive.

I'm doing a cloakroom remodelling exercise at the moment, so hence the
research. The original installation did not pay too much attention to pipe
routing and hiding leaving lots of pipes, radiators etc. in view.
I'm changing the toilet for a wall hung one which means that the soil pipe
plus waste leading to it will be able to be totally concealed.
I'm not taking installing a washing machine into account, but if your friends
were open to a bit of reworking and a new toilet into the bargain, the whole
job could be completed very neatly.

have a look at

http://www.grohe.co.uk/t/25_848.html

and

http://www.geberit.co.uk/geberit/ine...san-Wall-duo-1
Another option is back to wall pans where the pan sits on the floor ut has a
flat back to butt against an enclosed cistern.

In either case it becomes easy to hide the soil pipe and a lot of other
plumbing into the bargain.

Just some more ideas that they might like to consider.

The adaptor that I pointed out yesterday has an internal design where the
spigot of the pan adaptor projects into the centre of the fitting thus
preventing that I assume.

Ah, yeah, that makes sense .. sorta engineered in ...hydrodynamics ..
motions in motion .. etc .-(

All the best ..

T i m