Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Sewage Back-up

My cleaning company is saying they can clean and seal the sub-floor
(3/4 inch plywood) and the joists. But, I'm concerned about the
radiant floor heating system and I'd rather have them replace the
sub-floor and affected joists.

Is it worth hiring an independent adjuster over this? Or am I over
reacting?

Martin
Oregon

No, you're not over reacting. The insurance company, and the cleaning
company as their hired contractor, are looking out for dollars spent.
You, on the other hand, are looking out for your long term health.
Stick with your gut feelings.

There are companies that specialize in hazardous material cleanups.
Any house sustaining major damage from sewerage overflow falls into
that category. I would demand to see the cleanup companies credentials
for handling hazmat cleanups. An "idea" about what needs to be done is
not the same as an approved procedure.

Bob