Posted to sci.physics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.energy,sci.optics,alt.electronics
Ian Parker Ian Parker is offline

Default Generating green light using a 510 nm AC current

Radium wrote:
Hi:

Green light has a wavelength of about 510 nm. Is it possible to
generate green light using an AC electric current that has frequency
high enough to have a wavelength of 510 nm? Has this ever been done
before?

AFAIK, an AC current generates electromagnetic waves of the same
frequency of the current. In USA, electric power generators radiate 60
Hz photons. I would think it is possible to produce green light using
an AC current that has a frequency of 510 nm. Am I right?

Thanks,

Radium

1m = c.sec/299,792,458

This is the new definition of the meter. Far more accurate than
scratches on a bar in Paris. This is approached using non linear
dielectrics and beat frequencies rather that Terahertz AC directly.
Distance can be much more accurately measured using an interferometer
than by any other method. Beats can be directly converted into AC but
not light directly.

In communicaton Terahertz fibers work on the principle of having a
number of lasers each with a slightly different frequency. You have
just GHz on each laser.