Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Bathroom Extrator Fan Problem

wrote:

I've just moved to a new flat. The extrator fan in the bathroom is not
working. It is wired to the light switch and should come on when the
light is switched on and stay on for a while when the light it switched
off. There is a separate switch outside the bathroom door for he fan
which is switched on. The light works fine.

I'm not sure how to start to isolate the problem. Are there fuses that
could be checked, or loose wiring?

It's not likely to be a fuse if the lights are working (unless the fan
is unusually wired through a fuse separately). I'd go for a broken fan,
loose wiring, or incorrect wiring (it could easily be the latter if
it's been fitted by, say, a diy novice).

David