Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Turbo Gold Coach Screws II

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Wrong move then. You should have bought a Ryobi Impact Driver. Take
it back.

Can't use an Impact Driver for mixing plaster or driving a core bit.

Yon use a cheapo tool for that sort of crap.

Mixing plaster will burn out a cheap drill faster than anything

There are dedicated plaster mixing drills. Made for the high torque low
speed. I have seen some around that are now on the cheap side. A cheapo
SDS drill with chuck would do (power a low speed).

My point is horses for courses. The OP is on about large wood screws. An
Impact Driver is the ideal tool for that job, and in the past year have come
down to affordable prices, and you can also drill wood with it. Many are so
small they can get between joists to drill holes for cable and pipes. No
chuck, just slot in driver heads or drill bits.

If I was a handyman I would not be without an Impact Driver. It is like an
SDS drill, once you have used one you never go back.

The best general purpose drill is the Wickes (Kress) drill with the angle
converter, which slots in, in seconds. The chuck can be removes within
seconds and hex bits and drivers inserted. The angle attachment gets in
real close and also has a hex slot, so you don't even need the chuck on that
either, but can have it on. 3 yr guarantee too.

Price up a good quality angle drill and general purpose battery drill, then
the Kress makes lots of sense. Top quality tool too.