Posted to sci.physics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.energy,sci.optics,alt.electronics
[email protected] mmeron@cars3.uchicago.edu is offline

Default Generating green light using a 510 nm AC current

In article . com, "Radium" writes:

Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:
On 11/7/06 03:04, in article
, "Radium"
wrote:

crap

Some helpful advice if you are thinking of going into physics.

Don't.

I was pointing out to Bob Myers that we cannot see electric current
even if it oscillates at a frequency in the "visible light" range. What
is so incorrect about that?

If an electric current oscillates at a frequency in the "visible light"
spectrum, then we can see photons emitted as a result of the
oscillating electric current but we can't see the electric current
itself. Am I right?

Well, about as right as saying that you never see a person, a tree, a
car, a star, etc. etc., you just see the photons emitted or reflected
by those things. In the extremely restricted sense which you
attribute to the word "see", you can hardly see anything at all.

Mati Meron | "When you argue with a fool,