Posted to sci.physics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.energy,sci.optics,alt.electronics
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Generating green light using a 510 nm AC current

In sci.physics Radium wrote:

Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:
On 11/7/06 03:04, in article
, "Radium"
wrote:

crap

Some helpful advice if you are thinking of going into physics.

Don't.

I was pointing out to Bob Myers that we cannot see electric current
even if it oscillates at a frequency in the "visible light" range. What
is so incorrect about that?

If an electric current oscillates at a frequency in the "visible light"
spectrum, then we can see photons emitted as a result of the
oscillating electric current but we can't see the electric current
itself. Am I right?

Sort of, but not due to any understanding on your part.

Anything carrying current more than a small fraction of a wavelength
long will radiate.

It is nearly impossible to carry current at 510 nm and not radiate.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.