Posted to sci.physics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.energy,sci.optics,alt.electronics
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Generating green light using a 510 nm AC current

In sci.physics Radium wrote:
Hi:

Green light has a wavelength of about 510 nm. Is it possible to
generate green light using an AC electric current that has frequency
high enough to have a wavelength of 510 nm? Has this ever been done
before?

AFAIK, an AC current generates electromagnetic waves of the same
frequency of the current. In USA, electric power generators radiate 60
Hz photons. I would think it is possible to produce green light using
an AC current that has a frequency of 510 nm. Am I right?

Thanks,

Radium

Sure, you just need really small tools to put the antenna together...

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.