Bob Engelhardt

Default I need a welder

Glenn Lyford wrote:
I'd recommend 7014, since it's so easy to run with a buzzbox...
7018AC is nice too.

^^^^^^
If you have an oven to keep them in.

Keep an eye out in the local Pennysaver/WantAd/
Uncle Henry's/Town Crier or whatever it is they call the local
classified ad magazine or paper in your neck of the woods. Look
for a Lincoln 225AC or Miller Thunderbolt, you will occasionally see
them for maybe $50. ...

Not in Eastern Mass. I just checked our "Want Advertiser": about 500
items in "Tools", 3 were for stick welders. A Lincoln for $150, a Sears
for $175, and a Miller for $100 ("cables and clamps also available").
That's typical IIRC.